Saturday 1 February 2020

Let me introduce myself

1st February 2020

Kia ora koutou!

My name is Ange Dent and I will be your child’s teacher this year.
I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself. 
This is my second year teaching Year Three and Four learners at Hamilton East School. 
My education journey started when studied Psychology and Sociology at the University of Auckland.

After leaving university I studied Child Psychotherapy and then worked as an early childhood
educator for a number of years.


I left teaching to look after my children (Noah, Isobel and Jack) and returned to the workforce
as a teacher aide in a special needs unit of an Australian high school.


When my children and I returned to New Zealand, I decided it was time to follow my dream and
gained a Graduate Diploma in Teaching. Hamilton East was one of my practicum schools.
I loved it here so much that I was very excited to be offered a teaching position.


My passions include art and craft (I am an avid sewist and make most of my clothes).
I love reading, writing, and being in and around the water. In my spare time, I race dirt karts
and collect and fix vintage sewing machines.


Your child’s year in Room 19 is going to be full of fun, lots of learning and exciting adventures. 

If at any time you have any questions, problems, or just want to have a chat about what’s going on,
please don’t hesitate to contact me,

Ngā mihi nui,


Ange Dent
adent@hameast.school.nz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Strike percussion

This week learners were treated to a performance by Strike Percussion. They learnt about percussion and what it means as well as different t...